Here’s what you need to know…
- Alkaline diets are becoming a trend. Diets lower in acidic food and higher in basic (alkaline) food are gaining popularity.
- The Western diet is highly acidic. Meat, dairy, and grains are generally acidic while foods such as fruits and vegetables are generally basic.
- Regardless of diet, your body will maintain pH. Blood pH is kept within a narrow window in those who are healthy.
- Any variation of pH caused by food is rapidly regulated. There’s no evidence that a healthy individual can negatively alter blood pH through diet.
- Acidic diets may cause tooth decay. But these diets have not been linked to muscle loss, bone loss, cancer, poorer skin health, greater susceptibility to infection, or reduced energy levels.
Read this article for the details!