- Anyone that says calories don’t matter has zero credibility. But anyone who claims calories are all that matter has even less credibility.
- Balance the metabolism first, then worry about calories if needed. Hunger, energy, and cravings (HEC) are your keys to understanding your metabolism and working with it, rather than against it.
- The combo of sugar, fat, and salt will short circuit your appetite centers, turning that “cheat meal” into a cheat week, or worse.
- The idea that calorie excess always leads to fat gain and calorie reduction always leads to fat loss is not accurate.
- The standard “eat less, exercise more” approach to dieting leads to about 20-50% loss of lean tissue.
- The quality of food you eat can directly affect the future efficiency of your metabolism.
Check out this article for the details.